Basic Course in Mechanical Ventilation
Mechanical ventilation is an integral part of modern critical care. The aim of the course is to enhance the knowledge of health care professionals in handling mechanical ventilators and caring for patients requiring mechanical ventilator support
In this two-day course, participants will take part in lectures, interactive sessions and hands-on skills training. An expert panel of clinicians will discuss the following key issues on mechanical ventilation:
- Respiratory Failure
- Basics of Mechanical Ventilation: Modes and settings of invasive ventilation
- Mechanical ventilation strategies
- Montoring patients on mechanical ventilators
- Complications of mechanical ventilation
- Discontinuing mechanical ventilation
- To review the physiology and indications of the need for mechanical ventilation.
- To improve understanding of the basic concepts of mechanical ventilation including the various modes and parameters of mechanical ventilation.
- To update clinicians on the ventilator management of respiratory failure in specifig diseases and complications associated with mechanical ventilation.
- To familiarize health care professionals with the various techniques in monitoring patients on mechanical ventilators.
- To develop knowledge of methods of discontinuing ventilator support (weaning).
Who should attend?
- Respiratory therapists
- Critical care nurses
- Health care professionals providing medical ventilator support