Basic Blood Banking Made Easy
March 10-11,2015 | 8:00 am – 4:00 pm | International Medical Center
- A brief about origin of blood banking & milestones in modern transfusion medicine.
- NAT Screening Experience In Jeddah Region –for last 3 years Centralized NAT testing is essential to provide safe blood in the region, a review of 3 years experience in NAT screening.
- The role of transfusion services in disaster management and ways to prepare the blood bank to meet excess demand.
- Lab screening of blood donor to achieve safe transfusion a brief review of a wide range of test to prevent transfusion transmitted diseases.
- Multidisciplinary evidence based approach to optimizing the care of patient who might need blood transfusion.
- Mismatch between forward & reverse grouping results in a strange situation, we will discuss method for resolution.
- The overall purpose of the lecture is to provide a basic understanding of the process of managing quality in lab.
- Objective-Hepatitis B virus HBV & HCV infection is common among blood donors in Middle East, screening them before blood donation to rule out current infection with hepatitis & make sure safe blood is given to patient.
- There a few disease which are making their presence felt, like DENGUE, West Nile virus there importance in transfusion transmitted disease.
- To give a brief outline of different antigens involved in Rh blood group system.
- Single donor platelets taken from a donor reduce the exposure of patient & improves efficacy of platelets.
- Mismatch between forward & reverse grouping results in a strange situation, we will discuss method for resolution & Steps on performing & reporting quality test in blood components.
- Methods of separating whole blood into various components.
- Live Platelet Donor Apheresis Donation.
- Hands-on training on Interpretation of Blood Groups.
Who should attend?
- Laboratory Technologists
- Laboratory Technicians
- Medical Students
||IMC Healthcare Professionals
- Certificates of Attendance will be distributed at the end of the event.
Laboratory Medicine & Pathology Department and IMC Academy, International Medical Center