When preparing for an appointment, a person can get caught up in the daily grind and forget a lot of things. Preparing a simple checklist on a piece of paper or on your phone is the safest way to go. Checklists are the most beneficial tool for a successful appointment with your doctor.
Here are a few things you need to do before you leave your house:
- Double-check your appointment information
- Write a list of your current medicines including over the counter medicines
- Write a list of questions you would like to ask your doctor
- Bring any lab-tests results or samples requested by your doctor or nurse
- Write down how the symptoms are affecting your life with accurate description on their severity and frequency
- Bring a notebook and pen to write down what the doctor is saying